Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article »

Thursday, November 23, 2006
Green-eyed-dirty-blonde-haired girl


It's the green eyes that got me. Freckles on face. Dirty blonde hair. Smirk on face. Clenched fists.

She was small in stature but tough in heart. Walls around. Cold stares. She had a world that refused to let anyone in.

Yet, there was something about her.
I watched her across the school yard as she pushed a peer. Laughed at her. And tried to pour noodles down the young girls back.

Yes, this green-eyed-dirty-blonde-haired 13 year old; she was a character.
I say, HI.
She says, BYE.

The following week...

I say, HI.
She says, GET LOST.

Another week goes bye...

I say, HI.
She says, I TOLD YOU TO GET LOST.

A breakthrough in this pattern was needed. So I did only what I knew how. I got on my knees and I prayed. All week I prayed for green-eyed-dirty-blonde-haired 13 year old. Cried for her. Fought for her.

A week later...

I say, HI.
She says, Hey... been looking for you.

I look at green-eyed-dirty-blonde-haired 13 year old and smile. She sits down and stares back at me, sadness in her big green eyes.
I say, You've had a tough week haven't you?
She says, How'd you know?

I say, I prayed for you.
She says, You prayed for me?

I say, Yes ofcourse I prayed for you I care about you.
She says, Nobody ever cares about me.
I say, God does.

Two months on and we come to yesterday.

Green-eyed-dirty-blonde-haired 13 year old skips up to me, big smile on face, green eyes shining life.

She says, HI.
I say, Hey... been looking for you.
She says, You been praying for me?
I say,
Always.
She says,
I started praying this week.
I say,
You did?
She says,
Yes... you inspired me. You cared for me. Now I want to pray. I want to know God.


Labels: ,

posted by Samantha Louise 3:26 PM  
 
2 Comments:
  • At November 23, 2006 at 5:36:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Bec said…

    here we go.. your first comment.

    Wow to this! I'm part of the youth team at my church and it's encouraging to see how much being you, being nice to kids can make a difference.

    (and it'd be a good idea to enable 'non-blogspot' comments and turn on word verification so you don't get spammed) :)

     
  • At November 28, 2006 at 4:47:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome testimony! Thanks so much for sharing what a good spur!

     

Post a Comment