Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Wednesday, March 7, 2007
And she was healed!

Last night was my futile attempt at escaping. Jumping into my car I drove about an hour away, out to the hills, past the hills. I just kept on going. Music blaring. High-beam lights on so as to avoid any cows walking across the road. All I wanted to do was get out, escape, go far far away. How come it's at your weakest moments that God will choose to demonstrate His power? Most definitly because then we can definitly take no glory for ourselves, all glory must go to God.
As I was driving off into some unknown, unfamiliar territory a dear friend of mine felt lead to text me. All it said was... "1 Thessalonians 1:4.. it is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but also has put His Hand on you for something special."
Chuckling to myself I turned into a farm, did a U-turn, and headed back towards home.
"Okay God... what's this something special You have for me tonight?" My heart was beating faster by the second. For I knew that by asking such a question, ofcourse He was going to challenge me with something. Instantly my heart began to break for one of my young girls mum. I've previously mentioned this young girl and her mum, such brokeness and what appears to be hopelessness. So, as my heart broke for this mother I began to pray for her. And as I prayed for her I had such an urgency in my spirit that I needed to see her that night and that I needed to to pray with her.
Pulling over, so as not to be in trouble with the police, I texted her and asked if she was still awake, and if so, if I could come over to talk with her. Within seconds she replied, "Yes! Please! Come over now!"

Finally, I reached her home. Palms sweaty, a nervous chill went down my spine. Something big was going to take place, I could feel it. I could just feel God's heart for this lady, I could feel that all He wanted to do was comfort her and be there for her.

Before I even reached the door step, the front door had flung open, and here she is in her old dirty teeshirt, trackies with holes in it, unkempt hair, moccasins on feet,brace on leg, and sadness in her eyes. "Come in...!" She pleads. Thankful to have adult company by her side.

The next hour was filled with laughter, tears, Bible reading, and this broken mum giving her heart to Jesus! She told me her pain, and I told her God's love. As the conversation was coming to a close and it was time to come home I felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit to pray for her leg. Her leg was in a brace and she said she was having surgery in a weeks time, she told me she was in alot of agony as she couldn't take any pain killers due to past drug addiction. I told her how in the Bible Jesus healed people, and how as Christians we have authority in His name, and that it says in the Word if we lay hands on the sick they will be healed. Excitedly we prayed, I layed my hands on her leg/knee... the Holy Spirit was moving powerfully, I could feel her bone moving under my hand, and I could feel her ligaments taking new shape. As I felt the Holy Spirit say "It's done.", I looked up at her. A big grin was on her face. She rips off the leg brace, stands up, and begins to run and jump around the house. Running, free, amazed. She then drops on her knees, crawls around the family room and exclaims "I haven't been able to do this in FOUR years!". Together we hugged and praised God, I said my goodbyes, drove home and wept. Wept because wow, what love God has for His people.

Labels:

posted by Samantha Louise 4:28 PM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At March 7, 2007 at 8:50:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Sparkalina said…

    Sam,

    This is just the beginning for you my beautiful friend. In all the years I have known you, I've told you how the Lord has mighty mighty plans for you. You are chosen my friend. You have been chosen with a special calling and anointing from the Lord, and this calling is going to be made manifest in this year, which obviously it already has.

    You keep pressing into Jesus beautiful, the Lord is leading you, you are right where you need to be, and you know what?

    Daddy SO delights in you!

    Daddy loves you SO much and so do I :) I am SO SO SO SO SO thankful you are my friend.

    Love you,

    Lanna xx

     
  • At March 8, 2007 at 1:50:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Sam what an amazing testimony of God's grace and power. It's exciting. His Hand was in that the whole way, from the escape to the healing.

     
  • At March 8, 2007 at 3:32:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is an incredible story. wow. what a testimony...

     
  • At March 8, 2007 at 11:37:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Sheri said…

    Wow, what a story... this is my first time visiting your blog my dear sister in Christ, and I was so encouraged! God certainly has his hand on you and is asking you to "Trust me deeper!" As someone in a previous post wrote, "Daddy SO delights in you girl!"

     

Post a Comment