Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Friday, February 9, 2007
Police.

Hello, my name is Louise, nanna driver. I'm one of those people that hate speeding, hate road rage, hate breaking any road-laws. Often, my friends would tease me and call me a nanna because I love to drive 5 k's under the speed limit, and I'm always extra careful.

Since I've had my license I have sped, by accident and only 5 k's over the speed limit, three times. Since my license, I have only ever had three speeding tickets.

Today, I was driving along all so merry. Being such a good christian and leader (please note my sarcasim) I'm on my mobile on speaker phone to a young girl under my care who has recently decided to follow Christ. We're happily chatting when suddenly I notice an un-marked police car flashing their lights at me.

Oh-oh.

I quickly tell the girl that I need to go because "Uhhh... I've been pulled over by the cops....", and pull over on the side of the road. A busy road. A main road. Near lights, so that every damn vehicle that drove past could look at me and gawk their beady little eyes.

The police officer walks up to my window, and I wind down my window and smile innocently at him.
"Hello..." I smile and stare at him with puppy dog eyes. "How has your day been?"
He greets me with a hello and a "You do know what you did wrong don't you?"
I cough and reply "Yes.. I know... I was on my phone.. and I'm really really really sorry, I shouldnt' have done it, it was wrong. It was against the law. And I wont' do it ..." My nervousness calls me to ramble.
The police officer interrupts "Okay okay... I do have to fine you though... " He then begins to tell me the horror stories of talking on your mobile whilst driving and explains to me that it just isn't on and that I need to learn.

I learnt.

5 minutes, $145 fine and 3 demerit points later I continue driving down the road. Reach for the mobile and call my mum "Mum! I got pulled over by a cop for talking on the phone!"
"Honey,... what are you doing now?" Says my mother.
"Oh crap!" I hang up the phone and chuck it to the other side of the car.

Labels:

posted by Samantha Louise 12:12 AM  
 
2 Comments:
  • At February 9, 2007 at 4:14:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol. Good thing I don't know how to drive! [Though the axe will fall soon now!]

     
  • At February 11, 2007 at 7:15:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only 3 speeding tickets? Um, actually that's not that great :p. I've never used a mobile while driving at all - I couldn't handle it. But I do know I have spoken to you while you were driving a few times :p

    Spewing about the fine. That's a lot of havianas.

     

Post a Comment