Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Saturday, February 3, 2007
Pork.

Today marked a moment that will forever be written in the history pages.
The morning found myself awoken, once again, to the forbidden craving. I thought it was over, but boy was I wrong, all I could think about was pork and apple sauce sandwhich. I didn't even know for sure if it existed, I never had it in my life, I have no idea where this craving sprung upon.
So, whilst trying to tame this craving, I adventured to my local shopping center with friend in hand.
"You don't understand! This feeling WILL NOT leave until I EAT IT!" I tell her.
"But it doesn't exist!" She exclaims.
"Well... let's just check the food court... JUST IN CASE..." I persist.
Sure enough, I stand before the wonderful sandwhich franchise, and on the board in blinking lights for my heart to see was "Roast pork and apple sauce sandwhich". My body began to do a dance in the antipication that at last I will endeavour to eat this food that has never been placed in my mouth before. As the lady behind the counter carefully and lovingly made the sandwhich my taste buds began to sing and saliva was forming at the mouth. I look nervously at my friend, small smile creeping upon my face. This is it. This is a moment of history. I pay the money and with awe held the sandwhich in my hand. It was time.
Sitting down on a nearby seat, I gaze longingly at this sandwhich that was now becoming a reality. For so long it was only a dream, but this dream was now in my hand, a dream that is alive. Slowly, afraid that it will disappear somehow, I moved the sandwhich closer and closer to my mouth. It was now touching my lips, I could feel my teeth sinking into the fresh bread, fresh pork, fresh apple sauce. It was now in my mouth, taste buds were cheering, my body was doing fits as the craving won over, eyes are closed as I indulged upon this food that had invaded my thought life. Pure bliss. Perfection. Apple sauce droozing down my throat, chewing on pork, fresh bread felt so soft in my mouth.
I loved it.
Now that my craving as been satisfied, and I was obediant to my desire, I can move on. Move on to other foods. The sandwhich was wonderful, delightful, excellent, so very very yummy. Somehow though, just to savour the moment, I think it will be my first taste of the sandwhich... and my last.
Yes, it's time to have a love affair with other foods now.
Cheese anyone?

Labels: ,

posted by Samantha Louise 8:31 PM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At February 3, 2007 at 9:27:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally we have an end to the craving. How about doing the meme I set you?

    Btw, the image you posted is hosted by tripod and so it only shows the Tripod logo instead of the image. Better download the image and upload it to blogger or another hosting such as Photobucket. :)

     
  • At February 3, 2007 at 9:36:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Samantha Louise said…

    haha next time i write... I'll do the meme thing ashish.

     
  • At February 4, 2007 at 1:59:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man does not live on pork sandwiches alone. I love it when you dream of eating something, and then the opportunity arrives. Oh the anticipation. I was driving with my mate across the nullabor and when we were about an hour away from a roadhouse for lunch, I had this thought of eating a crumbed chicken drumstick and a large garden salad. And they had it! Oh it was good. That doesn't happen very often. Very rarely is there something specific that I desire. How many times can you put your finger on what it is that you want?

     
  • At February 5, 2007 at 6:03:00 AM GMT+11, Blogger Zonerator said…

    mmm...compulsive reading. wish i could whip up such an appetite. sadly, being insomniac and insufferably ravenous don't usually mix :(

     

Post a Comment