Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Friday, January 26, 2007
Shopping.

One week off. One happy girl. That one happy girl is me.

As of yesterday I have the week off and I plan on making this the best damn week ever. My boss told me to take it easy, enjoy myself, and to pray and seek God. My boss's wife also told me that as I return from my week off, when I'm back at work she is taking me out to "pamper" me.

Wow, I have it good.

My first day was a consumerism day. Prancing the shops with my friend, spending money that really should have gone towards my $450 phone bill. But the One Teaspoon singlet was too much to deny. As was the Lee Denim hat, it was just sitting there calling my name "Wear me Louise, wweeeaarrrrrr meeeeee." I stood there debating between the hat or the new Havaiana's that I really didnt' need. The Havaiana's were screaming my name just as loudly as the Lee Denim hat perching atop my head.
So I got them both.
The un-necessary spending did not end there. It continued as I exchanged money for that brand new nail polish! Two beautiful rings! Eye-make up remover! Nail polish remover! And ofcourse, I topped it off with a portugese chicken burger from Oporto.
That evening found me at Word Bookstore and leaving with two new books in hand. A fiction novel, Prophet by Frank Peretti and The Super-natural Life by Cindy Jacobs.
Despite my glee from my shopping expenditure of the day, I found myself lying on my bed with thoughts flooding my mind. Admittedly I have been trying to shut my heart away from my world. Perhaps, numb it. Protect it. Guard it. Shopping was just one more attempt at doing this. However, no matter how much I try not to think or feel, it is an impossible task. The Holy Spirit just has His way all the time, everytime. Even when I try to escape.

Day two of holidays, today. First opened my eyes at midday, after going to bed at 5:30 that morning. Soon, I will be arriving at a friends house to spend the day by the pool sunbaking and risking skin cancer, reading one of my many books in my bookshelf.

More than anything, I need God.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Samantha Louise 12:26 PM  
 
6 Comments:
  • At January 26, 2007 at 2:54:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Carris said…

    Hey, Thanx for the comment on my blog. I thought'd let you know, i'm now offically a member of myspace. hehe. i caved in. Lots more people than i thought have a myspace.
    www.myspace.com/_carris
    If you want to take a look. I understand what your saying about the old friends thing. I found heaps of people i used to know, just from doing a quick search.
    Thanx again for your comment.
    -carris

     
  • At January 26, 2007 at 5:15:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Stephanie Jewell said…

    ah my dear Louise :) Advice floating through my heart right as I just read your post was, do not be afraid of the world, do not try to hide your heart away from it, instead embrace it, with all your heart, love the world God has given you, in all its beauty. Trust in God that He will work in you as you do this.

    [I've been eyeing off that Prophet book for a while now too, when I get a job I'm buying that first with my first pay check ;)]

    Praying for you always Louise. Also praying that you don't get skin cancer baking in the sun!

     
  • At January 26, 2007 at 8:25:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wear me Louise, wweeeaarrrrrr meeeeee."

    LOL. The urge taking over you eh?

    Don't forget the meme questions I set you in the last post! :)

    Ashish C. [Can't see the stupid infobox, so I'm putting my name here!]

     
  • At January 27, 2007 at 5:14:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "...that brand new nail polish! Two beautiful rings! Eye-make up remover! Nail polish remover!"...

    Anyone else catch the irony there?

     
  • At January 27, 2007 at 5:18:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks

     
  • At January 27, 2007 at 11:06:00 AM GMT+11, Blogger Josh Dolan said…

    Hi Louise! (I accidentally typed your real name then and changed it - oops i should be careful!)

    How come you have a $450 phone bill? May i ask - does it have something to do with your new boyfriend??? :)

    Also - good to see you're shopping at Word Bookstore still - not that I really care anymore, cause I don't work there anymore! :)

    Josh

     

Post a Comment