Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Havaiana.
When I was a child I had a strange obsession in running around with barefeet. I loved it. Shoes brought me no glory- it was the bare foot wonder. No matter the weather, you would find me, wandering around with no shoes or socks on. I loved the feeling of wet grass between my toes, or the dry dusty ground. I loved running through mud and feeling the squishy goodness. I loved burning my feet as I would hobble along the hot gravel or pavement. It delighted me to walk across the cool shopping center floor, avoiding the security men for lack of shoes. If I had my way, school shoes would have been out and bare feet would have given in.

Wild child I was.

Not much has changed. It has been one year since I've worn shoes. Sadly, I do not walk around with barefeet, I have gone one better. It is now the glory of the Havaiana. My room is adorned with a mass array of coloured Havainas.

Silver, blue, blue/white, pink, purple, black, army green, white, light purple, spots, butterflies, green, yellow, red....

I once tried wearing shoes, but my feet felt like they were living in a prison. They needed to come free...

Yes, even in my office job I choose to wear the Havaiana with nice corporate clothing.

As I dazzle people in my pretty dresses and lovely clothes, watch out for the feet- the Havaiana will complete the outfit.

The last formal wear I went to, I arrived wearing the most gorgeous beautiful dress, I even tried wearing heels with it. Yet, just before I escaped the home to waltz into the formal hall, the heels came off and the Havaiana came on.

Last winter you'd find me smiling with a chilled look on my face. Why? You'd only need to take one look at my feet to see why. My feet would be adorned in a beautiful blue Havaiana, and the toes were also slowly becomming blue themselves.

I love the Havaiana. Without it, I wouldn't be me.

Labels:

posted by Samantha Louise 11:54 AM  
 
8 Comments:
  • At January 24, 2007 at 12:26:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that a photo of your shoe cupboard? You know it's not good for your feet to wear thongs all the time. They need support. Your feet will be so flat!

     
  • At January 24, 2007 at 12:27:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Samantha Louise said…

    Oh but they're not!

    I have a high arch in my feet.

    :)

    And I also have an obsession with looking after my toe nails too...

     
  • At January 24, 2007 at 2:17:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Robyn said…

    You're the opposite of me! I'm not allowed to wear thongs :(

    (Each time I do I remember WHY! :p)

     
  • At January 24, 2007 at 2:27:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe I'll get a pair of those and videotape myself walking through the snow in Pennsylvania.

     
  • At January 24, 2007 at 4:44:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger JAY said…

    Had u written two more para.. in the hymn of Haviana.. i Wd have robbed a store.

    Nice template.

     
  • At January 24, 2007 at 11:25:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Sha said…

    Wow...that is a lot of havaianas, but their colours are pretty!

     
  • At January 25, 2007 at 3:10:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are your 5 questions Madame! -

    1) By a chance of fate, you and Shakira exchange places for a day, what would be the 10 things you do on this day?

    2) Why are islands called as islands?

    3) If you were offered the following choices - 1) Convincing all men on the planet into wearing Diapers, 2) Conning 7 monks into thinking you are the Dalai Llama and looting them of ALL possesions they have on them, 3) Marrying Lord Voldemort - which one would you choose and why? [You have to choose one!]

    4) Which costume do remember wearing first on Halloweens and why?

    5) Why the heck did Frodo journey to Mount Doom on foot when he could have used the Air service?
    ---

    Remember to get the rules from my post!

     
  • At January 26, 2007 at 5:18:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Stephanie Jewell said…

    i am unable to wear shoes like that :/ i cant stand anything between my toes!!! :P that would be a way to torture my feet :P i have to wear something with a heel, or with closed ankle protection.. i think it stems from my having weird lookin feet :)

    good luck with your colourful collection!

     

Post a Comment