Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Dead printer.
The once buzzing with life printer stood in the office as if dead. It's grey form stood helplessly by the wall, begging for mercy and help. The friends and users of the printer glumly walked by, irritated by it's lack of printing ability and the allowance of their jobs being slowed down.

"Sam!" One of my managers exclaims from his office. "Could you please do something about the printer?" He asks.


With confidence smaller than a tiny seed, I walked across the foyer into the printing area.

"Okay" I think to myself, sucking in deep breaths as I try to scramble with my mind how to fix this problem. "I don't know the first thing about printers..."

"Please hurry..." My manager is exasperated, needing a document within the next few minutes. He explains to me that the printer died late last week and hasn't been resurrected since.

What to do what to do what to do...

I stare dumbly at him. His eyes are closed. Not a sound to be made. Perhaps if I press a button...

Nope, nothing.

What about this button?

Nu-uh. No can do.

Turning my head slightly to the left, I see my manager standing there whimpering as if he was a lost puppy dog.

Not knowing what else to do, I place my hand on the belly of my dead friend and silently pray "God, please let this work."

And immediately the printer springs to life and joyously spits out pieces of paper.

My manager wide eyed stares at me and asks, "How?"

Oohhhhhhh, he responds to prayer. I say.
posted by Samantha Louise 4:30 PM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At April 25, 2007 at 8:03:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Mike Messerli said…

    Sam,

    very cute! thanks. you got a smile from me for that one. have a good day.

     
  • At April 26, 2007 at 1:50:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Paul said…

    Things like that happen to me all the time. Someone asks me to fix something computer-related... I walk up to it and all of a sudden it just works.

    All this time I've just been thinking that the people with the printer problems were clueless and there was nothing wrong in the first place that the off/on switch couldn't rectify... but maybe it's the presence of the living God within me scaring the printer into submission.

    Who knows.

     
  • At April 28, 2007 at 4:18:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have a good sense of humour, as well as a good sense of God being able to help!

     
  • At May 3, 2007 at 8:44:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Cheri said…

    Hi Sam,

    I wanted to say thank you to you too for your blog. I needed to laugh out loud and this entry did that for me.

    Your entry about running into christop on the street made me imagine similar scenes in heaven. I love to read biographies of missionaries. I can imagine passing one of them on the streets of heaven and realizing who they are because of the reminisicing they are doing with someone else. "Hey , I know you...." Endless reunions. Fun to imagine anyway.

    Are you studying writing or do you just like to write?

     

Post a Comment