Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Thursday, October 11, 2007
Running.
Today I woke up at 6:05am with the sun beaming through my window, warmly planting itself on my right cheek. For the first time in... forever.. I woke up feeling full of energy and life. After battling through for the past few months, not knowing if I was going to survive, I woke up feeling like today was a new day. So I rolled out of bed and decided to begin my new journey of a new life by running.
I haven't ran in ages. In fact, I think today may have been a first. But I ran around my neighbourhood, through the parks, the trees. It was beautiful. Spring, I love it.

As I ran and felt my heart pounding through my chest, I could feel a weight drop off my shoulders. A weight that I have been carrying for too long. I felt joy surge through me. The Holy Spirit spoke to me, and it was a beautiful morning.

The past few months have not been in vain. I've been walking through a testing season, and having to take a look at myself. There was so much in my heart that I needed to change. It hurt. But God has been by my side all the way through it.

Tomorrow morning, I think I might go for a run again.
posted by Samantha Louise 8:42 AM  
 
5 Comments:
  • At October 11, 2007 at 9:38:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Sue said…

    Hey Samantha

    I have been enjoying your posts and your walk. I completely empathise with your season of brokenness and being consumed by the fire. It burns. I look forward to seeing what he has birthed in you at this time come out on your blog pages :)

     
  • At October 11, 2007 at 1:35:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam,

    Welcome back! I have been worried about you, but had no way to check on you....glad you are ok.

    How can I pray for you? What's been going on?? What can we do to help?

    Your brother in Christ,
    Mike

     
  • At October 12, 2007 at 5:43:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Robyn Rochelle E. said…

    Yes, I agree with Mike. And since he was my pastor for many years when I lived in the USA and I guess as my supporting church even now - I know his questions are out of true concern. Ich auch. I am thankful that you are seeing the skies painted by our Lord once again. He holds tight to His children.
    blessings

     
  • At October 12, 2007 at 11:35:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Stephanie Jewell said…

    I really enjoy reading your posts, Sammy :) I am really glad you posted again. Hang in there. I feel that we go through stages, so that God can build us into the person He wants us to be for the next stage, and you just entered your next stage :)

    I hope life brings you sunshine and butterflies and revelations and blessings!

     
  • At October 12, 2007 at 11:51:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Stephanie Jewell said…

    I found this and wanted to share:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    Blessings your way, Sammy :)

     

Post a Comment