Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Monday, August 27, 2007
I came for food...but I found Jesus.
I find it amazing that in my weakness His strength really is perfected. It blows me away that it is in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9) I've been meditating on this Scripture for over a month now, and it has only really just began to hit me.

The other night I felt to listen to a preaching CD. So I do. It was on 2 Corinthians 12:9. Later on as I was in a deep sleep the Holy Spirit wakes me up. It's 3am. I ask the Lord "Why is it that you have woken me up?", and He says to me "Heidi Baker." Now, I haven't really heard too much about Heidi Baker, the name has been mentioned a few times, but other than that I knew nothing of her. I say, "What about her?". The Holy Spirit says, "You will live a lifestyle that she has lived."


So the next day curiosity gripped me in a real way and I do a google search on Heidi Baker. What's the first thing I read of hers? Living out 2 Corinthians 12:9. What a slap in the face. I'm pretty sure God is trying to tell me something here.


Anyways, on friday I felt my weakest and at my most empty. I felt like I had nothing to give. Yet, in my weakness God was able to move in strength and power. A man came in, drug affected, seeking food. But by the end of the conversation, he is weeping, God gave us favour to find him a place to stay, he commits his heart to Jesus, God takes the drugs out of his system in an instant... and he looks at us with tears in his eyes and says, "I came here searching for food, but I'm leaving with so much more. I found Jesus." I'm excited to see where God will take him. He is keen to get into Teen Challenge. I'm so in awe!


I had nothing to give of myself. Yet, it was in this infirmity that the power of Christ was able to move.
posted by Samantha Louise 2:08 PM  
 
3 Comments:

Post a Comment