Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Tuesday, July 3, 2007
trials
As I sit here in my office, a small smile cannot help but escape my face. I feel a glow on my cheeks, a dance in my heart.

It seems painful, but incredible. I'm yet again facing the same trials that were thrown in my face at the beginning of the year. Same hurt. Same problem. Same pattern. It's a temptation to want to throw myself on my knees and ask WHY ME, WHY NOW, MAKE IT STOP.

But this time it is different.

I refuse to compare myself to other people and to question why God is allowing this in my life. A thorn in my flesh. I smile, because I learn. I smile, because I can see what God is doing.. I can see His Hand.. I can see His glory in this.

Suffering as a christian.

It's a necessity for the development of our character. And oh boy, how much I want my character to reflect the character of Christ!

My new client helps put things into perspective. Reality is, what I face is nothing compared to what she faces. And what many other people face. She lives on the streets. She has no identification. She makes up her birth date. She makes up her name. She knows nothing. Has nothing. In the worlds eyes, she is nothing.

To Christ- she is everything.
posted by Samantha Louise 9:15 AM  
 
3 Comments:
  • At July 3, 2007 at 4:55:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Robyn said…

    Sam, have you heard of Heidi (and Rolland) Baker - Iris Ministries?

    Look her up! She's AWESOME!
    Somebody who knew nothing about me told me the same thing... the person said the basis of Heidi's ministry is to...

    "LOVE THE ONE"

    That's what you and I are called to do! Love the ONE that others ignore or don't want to care about.

    Well done Sam!!! You're so beautiful :)

     
  • At July 5, 2007 at 9:11:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey sammy, have a read of 30 days under the over pass! very amazing story, and i am sure you can relate to what they go through

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 8:33:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Mike Messerli said…

    Sam,

    I will pray for you. Don't know what you are facing, but will pray or God's work in your life.

     

Post a Comment