Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Saturday, May 5, 2007
Uni on a Saturday
It's a Saturday and here I am, basking in the glory of my university library.

Saturdays are supposed to be about sleeping in, making breakfast, walking around in your pyjamas. Going to see friends, enjoy the park, enjoy a hot chocolate at Gloria Jeans. Shopping for that new perfect outfit. Watching movies. Eating rubbish. Talking on the phone, reading a book, going out for dinner with your mates. Laughing, and generally having fun.


But, no, today my Saturday was experienced and enjoyed in a classroom. I had a uni class on today. Oh what fun, what excitement.


Despite the day of the week and the thoughts of what I could be doing. I did have fun. I love my uni course. I love what we do, what we talk about. I love the people I spend the day with.


Cheri asked me in a comment whether I studied Writing. No, I do not. I've never actually said what I did at uni. But what I'm studying is a Bachelor of Youth Work. It's kinda like Social Work but more... youthy.


Yesterday in class I got really passionate. We were discussing something and it was tearing at my heart strings. Before I knew it I was on my feet passionately exclaiming my thoughts and my heart. People sat there in shock. I sat down, also in shock. Afterwards the police officer who was joining us and the other professional youth workers who were training us approached me and said "Thank you. Thank you. We need people like you in the field." I wanted to grab them by the shirt and tell them that all you need to do is read and live the Bible. But I didn't.


Afterwards, one of my peers approached me. He said, "There's something about you, and I want to know what it is. Do you want to join me for a beer?" I told him I didn't drink alcohol but I would love to have a Diet Coke. So off we went and we talked for a good hour. About life, our dreams, values, inspirations. I told him my testimony and he told me what he believed in. After I shared my story he told me he would go away and begin to ask God for an experience of Him.


Something is happening in my heart. Something is changing. This year has been so hard but I'm feeling such a breakthrough taking place. So many miracles have happened in the past week. Just in one week alone I've seen God move in such a way that 5 people have been healed and 6 people gave their hearts to Jesus! I'm excited by everything that is going on. God is so good, so faithful, so awesome!




posted by Samantha Louise 3:00 PM  
 
4 Comments:
  • At May 5, 2007 at 5:10:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Stephanie Jewell said…

    Wo0hoo! Your on fire sam! :D

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 2:06:00 AM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that you didn't hold back Sam. You let your light shine. And instead of ridicule, people were attracted to it - well the ones you talked about anyway :) I like that. I love the fact that you see your fellow Youth Work students as being in need of God's love just as much as the youth you are being trained to help.

     
  • At May 8, 2007 at 12:57:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Sparkalina said…

    You are an amazing woman of God sam!!! I luv u heaps!

    I do miss chatting terribly though!! :(:(

    Sorry I haven't been around lately..finally just posted a blog after a few months.

    Call me??? or email me??

    Would luv to chat :)

    LUV U!!!

     
  • At May 8, 2007 at 4:31:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said…

    Dear samantha louise. Youth work hey? I always wanted to get into youth work when I was at uni, but then I graduated and got a 'corporate' job and any creative and out of the box thoughts were obliterated from my mind amongst talk of bottom lines and touching base. Ahh.

     

Post a Comment