Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Stories of my life Bible Art
I love to write stories. I love to creatively share what is happening in my life. But what is so sad is that the two major stories that are currently unfolding, I cannot share in this. Wisdom says so. However, once the expected outcome arrives,.. trust me, I will be at this computer, fingers frantically typing away, sharing what exactly has been happening this year. I feel that the ending of this chapter is about to end... we'll wait and see.

I've been chewing on a Scripture these past few days. So many thoughts and revelations are flowing through me. Before I share these thoughts I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it, particulary you Mike Messerli. I love to read your thoughts and your wisdom on different Scriptures in the Bible, so.. tell me what you get out of this passage. And then I will share what I got out. We can all learn together! :)

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4


In other news, I received in the mail a picture that Christop from Wonderful Awful Things created. I love it. I feel blessed. It is being framed and hanged on my wall.

posted by Samantha Louise 1:51 PM  
 
7 Comments:
  • At May 8, 2007 at 4:54:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know wisdom is good and all, but I want to know now! :D

     
  • At May 8, 2007 at 4:57:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh and very cool picture there Christop!

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 12:03:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Mike Messerli said…

    Sam, I'm honored that you would want my thoughts, this is an amazing passage, and the teachings here are really exciting. In fact, most Christians don't "get it", and miss a wonderful blessing. I'll do my best to share my thoughts on these verses, and love your feedback, so here are my observations amid the verses you noted:

    If then you were raised with Christ (raised with Christ? but I'm still "stuck here", what does that mean- raised with Christ? I think Paul is repeating a truth he teaches in Ephesians 1 & 2 as well- positionally, when I trust Christ as my savior, I am raised to new life and seated with him in heaven...even while I sit here in Texas I am spiritual alive in Christ, in fact Paul says Christ IS my life), seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. (see Eph. 1:20-2:6 describing this, and my position in him. The "in him" theme is all through Paul's writings.) Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. (Set your mind on the truth of where your life is- in Christ, not here. "When Christ who is our life"...what a concept. I do not have life in myself, it comes from him in me. It's his life in me that give ME life. Ian Thomas calls that the exchanged life. He says, "Christ gave his life for you, so he could give his life to you, so he could live his life through you." That's the idea Paul is describing in a nutshell. The exchanged life- Christ living HIS life in me and through me, and me resting in Him in the heavenlies...it's all so hard to understand because I sit here in my tiring body unable to understand the reality of what these words say. These words are linked to his thoughts in Ephesians written about the same time.)

    This is very brief....I would love to sit down with our bibles and take a couple hours to talk about this....let me know your thoughts.

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 12:02:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Josh Dolan said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 7:43:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Mike Messerli said…

    force,

    sounds good, but don't get started until you have read what Major Ian Thomas has written in this area. Life in Christ, life by the Spirit is full of content.

     
  • At May 14, 2007 at 6:27:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Samantha Louise said…

    Hey everyone,

    Thanks for responding. I haven't been online for a few days, so I have only just read this! Force be willed... by did you take your post out? Good thing... your original posting was emailed to me! And I like what you had to say. So I'm going to copy and paste it here for everone to see:

    Gday! I’m new to this world of blogging, and on my journey I’ve just stumbled across your blog. I thought I'd share with you what I get out of that verse you mentioned.

    Firstly – I think this verse needs a bit more context. If we back-track 4 verses, we see: "Since you died with Christ....". I love it how Paul uses these two paragraphs in stark contrast to one another, drawing our attention to the latter of the two statements (as he does quite often in his writings).
    Now, in the first paragraph, we see echoes of 1 Corinthians 6:20 (you were bought at a price…). We no longer belong to the world or it’s systems of rules and regulations. Through Christ’s death, we have “died with him” to these “principles”, rules, systems and methodologies.
    Therefore, just as He was raised, we too have been raised, through the Spirit (Romans 8:11). Not to fulfil our own selfish desires, but to live “life by the Spirit”. We now have an obligation to this new life which has been given us, because our life belongs no longer to ourselves.

    On a side note – this doctrine of “life by the Spirit” is one which has been increasingly intriguing me of recent times, as I begin to realise just how significant this is to our Christian walks. I’ll be posting a blog of mine own on this topic very soon….


    Anyways, I'm really excited to write my thoughts!!!! Not now though... very soon! hahaha.

     
  • At May 14, 2007 at 11:22:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Mike Messerli said…

    what a way to keep us engaged and in suspense! I look forward to reading your thoughts.

     

Post a Comment