Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Aids man walks.
In about 45 minutes I will be walking into the Intensive Care Unit. One of the clients from work was hit by a taxi and he is in a coma. Tomorrow the doctors plan on turning off the life support machine. I'm not sure how I feel. I'm going to pray for him and pray for a miracle. We'll see what happens.


Last week when I went into the hospital to see him I was unable to go in as the nurses were busy. I'm turning to leave the ICU and there is a young man in a wheelchair, looking very upset.

"Excuse me..." He says. "I've been looking for a hospital chaplain all day... I can't find one... Can I talk to you?"

"Uh... sure... yes that's fine." I say, looking at my co-worker. We take the man into a quiet room next door. He sits there drowning in his own tears as he tells us his situation. Dying of Aids. Only a few days to live. And how guilty he feels for screwing up his daughters life.

So we prayed for him and prayed that God would take the AIDS away. After talking with him for awhile, him crying and pouring his heart out, he gave his heart to Jesus! Almost immediately you could see a heavy weight lift off his shoulder.

The next day we came back to the hospital to visit him. Strangely, not too long after we had prayed for him, the man discharged himself and walked out of hospital. The dying man. Man in the wheelchair who could barely move.


God is a God of miracles.
posted by Samantha Louise 2:10 PM  
 
3 Comments:

Post a Comment