Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I thought he was dead.
The past week I have been grieving the death of a man who never died. I guess now, I understand how the disciples would have felt when Jesus was crucified. They believed he was the King, they had full faith in Him, yet in the natural Jesus died and that was that. I'm sure that disappointment, discouragement and a whole lot of other feelings would had been their friend at that moment.

That's how I had been feeling. Disappointment. Discouragement. Hurt. Bewildered. Believing that Jesus was the resurrecting life, yet watching a man die before my eyes. Grief overwhelmed me as I left the Intensive Care Unit not having seen my prayers answered and being told that the life support machine would be turned off.
And that is what I was told. That he had passed away. So for the past week I have shed my tears and went on with the grieving process. Questioning what it was in my life that prevented the hand of God to move in this mans body?

Yet, an unexpectant turn happened. It blows my mind still. I was just told that he isn't dead. He is alive. Right before the pulled the support machine, he began to respond.
So, today, I went back to ICU to see him. He was in bed, no longer in a coma. He was able to squeeze my hand. Open his eyes. Move his body. He is still sick, and has a machine that helps him breathe, and in alot of pain, but there has been so much improvement it is incredible!
God is so so so wonderful.

Next time, I will keep believing and I will not lose faith when it seems all is dead.
posted by Samantha Louise 9:09 AM  
 
2 Comments:
  • At August 28, 2007 at 6:52:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is nothing in your life that would stop God from healing a man. Maybe God is just finding where the limit of your faith is, and giving it a poke ;)

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 6:39:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Mike Messerli said…

    And, dear Sam....you don't know when each one has used up his days (Psalm 139:16). It may have been time for him to go, obviously not, so now what does God want to do with him? And I agree with Paul- your faith is not the issue. We have a wonderful God involved in all of this too....so you pray, and trust HIM to work.

     

Post a Comment