Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Monday, December 18, 2006
Cleaning toilets.

Last night after church I did what I know best- I was cleaning toilets. I have a strange love for cleaning toilets. Most people find it quite absurd, but it brings me some sort of satisfaction to watch a once dirty toilet become crystal clean. It brings me delight to know that the next occupant of the toilet will be blessed to sit upon a bowl that is fresh and smells ever-so-pleasant.

However, last night I felt like trash. Here I was scrubbing away with the toilet brush and suddenly feeling what I can only describe as a 50kg weight come upon me. I fell on my knees, curled up into a ball and proceeded to cry like a baby. I felt so heavy and I felt so depressed. My mind was going out of control, and I didn't know what to do with myself. A great friend of mine, as previously mentioned in Beach Glass and Sand found me on the floor wondering what the heck was going on.

Frustrated with my sudden outburst of emotion, I drove home with tears streaming down my face and fists thrashing the steering wheel. Driving up the drive-way to my suburban home my heart began to thump loudly. Grabbing my bags from my car I ran into my house, put a worship CD on, and pumped my speakers to the highest volume. It was midnight by this time, I'm not sure if anyone was home, but at this point in time I did not care. Falling on my face before God yelling out into the night-air, I began to feel the presence of God in such a powerful way. He spoke to me, gave me revelation, showed me that this feeling was NOT OF ME, but an attack of the enemy. He gave me a new strategy in warfare and helped me back onto my feet again so that I could fight.

And fight I did.

No spirit of heaviness, oppression, fear, condemnation can grab a hold of me. The Spirit of God lives inside of me. I'm washed in the blood of Jesus. Just one drop of the blood of Jesus is more powerful than all the demons in hell. You know what? I feel incredible.

He (he, being, that little squirm of a guy known as the devil) has nothing on me. Nothing. Nothing.
Next time I'm cleaning toilets I will remember this.
posted by Samantha Louise 12:22 PM  
 
2 Comments:
  • At December 18, 2006 at 1:07:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

     
  • At December 18, 2006 at 1:08:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

     

Post a Comment