Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Who cares?
Man, it feels good to be home. I'm really missing this blog. I wish that I could write in it everyday. Each day is full of new possibilities, new adventures, new testimonies, new lessons- I'd love it if I could write about my days all the time.

I hate old testimonies. I mean, testimonies are great... but I hate living in the past. So to me, I feel it'd be a waste to share a story that happened two weeks ago. Bring on the new. I figure that as a Christian, if you aren't always learning and growing and seeing things take place, then... What are you doing? What's your walk with God like? I hate complacency and apathy. To many of you, you probably think I'm too hard on myself. Perhaps in a way I can be. But I just despise getting to a place where I'm not changing. That's when life becomes boring and mundane.


In my job I'm always facing new challenges. It kinda makes life away from work seem like a breeze. The things that used to weigh me down and stress me out no longer do. I guess once you have stood as a tall strong man screams in your face about how pathetic you are, you no longer care about tiny issues like 'who did the dishes and who didn't' or 'what she thinks about him who thinks about her bla bla bla' Who cares. It's pointless. Meaningless. Each day I'm given a reality check about life. Financial issues are no longer a concern. Why stress. Why worry. It says clearly in the Word that God will provide our needs such as food and clothing and shelter.


One day I was working with a man who was seeking a bed that night. He was so stressed. So so so so anxious. And ofcourse, why wouldn't you be, you're trying to get off the streets only to be tossed back into it again. I looked at him and said to him straight out, "I'm not a normal social worker. I pray before I do things." He was keen to pray, so I began to pray and I read to him Matthew 6 about not worrying. Two minutes after we finished praying the phone rings. A bed was available. Just like that. Why worry? Why stress? God has it under control.


posted by Samantha Louise 4:47 PM  
 
1 Comments:

Post a Comment