Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Monday, December 18, 2006
Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry Juice.

All I wanted was a carton of Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry Juice. Refreshing 100% chilled juice with no preservatives, no additives and no added sugar. To have the sensation of juice sliding down your throat on a summers day. To taste the apple and strawberry flavour. To know that your taste buds are satisfied as you guzzle the 1litre juice. At a discounted price of only$1.50.

So off I went to a trip to Coles. My mind was focussed on one thing, and one thing alone. That juice. I must find the juice. On my way to my destination I'm stopped by a lady with a cheesy grin. She is standing behind the taste-tester table. How could I resist. Free food! I stop and admire the fruit she has on display, so carefuly laid out, waiting for her taste-testers to test the taste. As I place a piece of fruit in my mouth I felt as if all time had stopped.

Holy Spirit spoke.

He showed me snippets of her life, her heart, her searching heart. Prompted by the Holy Spirit I begin to ask her about her life.

"Ohhh I'm training to be a tatoo artist!" She happily proclaims. We talk about her art for at least 5 minutes when suddenly she stops and stares at me quizzingly.
"Why are you say happy?" A confused look is planted on her face. To her it is odd that I am happy.
"Well, what's the point of being sad?" I say.
"No, there is more than that... what is it?" She is prompting me for answers.
"How bad do you want to know?"
"Trust me.. I want to know."
"How could I not be happy when Jesus has done so much in my life?"
Her face softens, a smile creeps across her face. The next 10 minutes began a conversation about life and Jesus and life and her being a buddhist but looking for answers and life and Jesus and her deciding to visit her friends church this coming weekend and life.

She thanks me as I go along my way. I walk off, heart leaping from the conversation I just engaged in, but also anticipating that Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry Juice. The young woman is smiling at me, thanking me, waving to me, as her life was impacted by God.

I then find the Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry Juice and excitedly head towards the cash register. With juice in hand I almost walked with a skip. Arriving at the register I'm met with an indian lady, in her early 40's, slumped over, eyes half closed, growl on face.

"That'll be $1.50.." She says with no enthusiasm. All I wanted was the Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry Juice, but immediately I knew that the Holy Spirit had other ideas.

"What's wrong..?" I ask, ever so cautiously.
"Hmph" The indian in her early 40's replies.
"You don't look happy..." I say gently.
"I feel sick. I have a temperature."
"That's not good..." As I say this, the Holy Spirit speaks, and I must obey. "Is it okay if I pray for you?"
"You want to pray for me?"
"Yes... Is it okay if I do?"
The indian lady in her early 40's looks at me curiously, but she cannot help but smile. Already her posture has changed.
"Really? Are you Catholic or something?"
"I'm a Christian, I would love to do that for you."
"Wow.. Okay.. wow, that would be great.. I would really appreciate that."

Placing my hand on her arm I pray for her, as I'm praying she stares at me with wonder and awe. I look at her and tell her to thank God, because it's not me at all.

Tears form in her eyes as she holds my hand and thanks me over and over again. Waving good bye I slowly left Coles with the Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry juice in my hands. Looking back I saw her calling over her work mates, she points over at me, and jumps up and down excitedly.
The temperature had left.
God healed her.

That was the best Australian Fresh Apple & Strawberry Juice I have ever tasted in my life.

Labels: ,

posted by Samantha Louise 11:23 PM  
 
9 Comments:
  • At December 19, 2006 at 12:44:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok wow, that is just the best blog entry I have read ever. Half of it would have been amazing. It would be so easy to be more than satisfied having had an impact on one person's life like that in a day, but you ministered to 2 people! Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound. Apple and Strawberry Juice, how sweet the taste. It sounds like the Good News is also sweet to taste. You have a good ear, and good eyes, and a beautiful heart.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 1:08:00 AM GMT+11, Blogger Stephanie Jewell said…

    Wow that is so amazing! It is so wonderfull to be used by the Holy Spirit in even the most simplest of tasks such as buying some juice, afterall, many of Jesus' illustrations used simple objects :]

    That is absolutely the best news I have heard tonight, I am so glad for that woman to have seen Jesus love, and also for her healing!

    Wow just wow :D

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 9:44:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey!

    That was an awesome thing the holy spirit was doing in your life. Reaching out to people and healing the sick. Talk about one awesome God!

    Congratulations on it mate! Praise God!

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 9:48:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh darl! i sat here crying! Praise and GLORY to Him hey! You're a champ and i love you heaps!

    zzzzz you know who..

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 11:10:00 AM GMT+11, Blogger Vickie said…

    That is so AWESOME!! Our God is an AWESOME God!!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    I LOVE meeting Christians from around the world.

    I pray you have an awesomely blessed Christmas!!

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 1:35:00 PM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay louise!

    we could all learn to listen a little.

    stories are a brilliant way to communicate, inspire...

    and best of all, this one's 'real'.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 2:00:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Vickie said…

    AWE Louise!! That was so sweet. Thank you!

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 3:20:00 PM GMT+11, Blogger Josh Dolan said…

    Hi "louise"

    that was a pretty awesome experience. wouldn't it be cool if that like happened to us every single day. :D

    Now - the important question. How good did the Australian Fresh Apple and Strawberry juice taste after all that? i bet it was extra good.

     
  • At December 31, 2006 at 12:24:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow. your incredible. not only did you follow God's prompting, but you prayed for someone at the cash register! i hope the people behind you wern't in a hurry. speaking of juice, have you tried apple orange and carrot? it's surprisingly nice.

     

Post a Comment