Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Friday, February 9, 2007
Broken promises.
Firstly I would like to begin this with a public apology to yours truly, Ashish. On the 24th Jan 2007 he asked me five questions that I needed to answer. And I never did. Until... now. So here they are... the five wonderful and weird and confusing questions from Ashish!


1) By a chance of fate, you and Shakira exchange places for a day, what would be the 10 things you do on this day?

If Shakira and I were to exchange places for a day I would... Take all her money and go shopping, take all her money and give it away to people who need it, try on all her clothes and take the ones I love, become a christian, announce to the world that I am now a christian, go to a church and preach, ask the Holy Spirit to use me powerfully in healing, shock the world because of my transformation and new modest sense of clothing, eat lots of food and make her fat.


2) Why are islands called as islands?

Good question Ashish. It may seem hard to believe, but Latin aqua, "water," is related to island, which originally meant "watery land." Aqua comes almost unchanged from Indo-European *akwā-, "water." *Akwā- became *ahwō- in Germanic by Grimm's Law and other sound changes. To this was built the adjective *ahwjō-, "watery." This then evolved to *awwjō- or *auwi-, which in pre-English became *ēaj-, and finally ēg or īeg in Old English. Island, spelled iland, first appears in Old English in King Alfred's translation of Boethius about A.D. 888; the spellings igland and ealond appear in contemporary documents. The s in island is due to a mistaken etymology, confusing the etymologically correct English iland with French isle. Isle comes ultimately from Latin īnsula "island," a component of paenīnsula, "almost-island," whence our peninsula.


Gosh, I totally just plagarised! Click here so I don't get into trouble!


3) If you were offered the following choices - 1) Convincing all men on the planet into wearing Diapers, 2) Conning 7 monks into thinking you are the Dalai Llama and looting them of ALL possesions they have on them, 3) Marrying Lord Voldemort - which one would you choose and why? [You have to choose one!]

Option one... It'd be absolutely hilarious. And also, I don't want to pretend I'm the Dalai Llama.... and uh... Lord Voldemort isn't exactly the sort of dude I'd be attracted to.


4) Which costume do remember wearing first on Halloweens and why?

Well here in Australia we dont' really do Halloweens. Although, I am noticing kids these days wandering around in costumes on the day trying to trick-or-treat when households don't really give a stuff. Besides, if we were to make Halloween a big thing, I'd be totally not into it... It's what I would call... going against what I believe! Unless I dressed up as Moses or something?

But anyways, I do remember my first costume as a child. I used to LOVE dressing up as a native american indian. I had an obsession with them and you'd find me running around in the backyard with my neighbour... he would be dressed up as a cowboy, and myself as an Indian. I even rocked up to primary school wearing my costume. That didn't go down well with the teachers.


5) Why the heck did Frodo journey to Mount Doom on foot when he could have used the Air service?

No idea. Ask the script writers?

Labels:

posted by Samantha Louise 10:54 AM  
 
2 Comments:

Post a Comment