Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Monday, March 26, 2007
Finding God... Part 2
Continued from 'Finding God... Part 1'

Hesitantly I climbed out of the car. One look at the place and I wanted to get back in and demand to go home. There was one lone small oval. Overgrown grass. Dead flowers. Trees with broken limbs draped over the building. The building was brown and ran down. A small wooden ramp hedged across the land with cluttered cabin rooms by its side.

Tugging on my friends jacket with pleading eyes I say to her, "Lets not do this. Lets go home. I made a mistake, I shouldn't have come."

It was a week since the incident in my bedroom when I heard the voice. And as I foolishly spoke to the roof asking if it was God and if He was real, I felt all the more stupid as I was responded with a deafening silence. My silent thoughts were interrupted by the shrilling sound of the phone ringing. It was my best friend asking me to come on a youth camp with her for the weekend. Reluctantly I agreed.

And now, a week on and I wanted to escape before it had even began. Before I could run off a man with blonde hair, blue eyes and a goofy grin comes bounding towards me.

"Heeyyy!!!!" He greets, with more enthusiasm I could handle.

"Hi.." I mutter, looking him up and down and sizing in my mind who this person was.

"I'm Nathan, it's great to have you at the camp!" He held out his hand in expectation of a hand-shake.

"Yeah.. it's... great.." I say, forcing a smile. Somehow I knew that this weekend would be life altering. I just didn't know how, what, or why. As far as I was concerned, I didn't want to know. I didn't want to know these people, their lives, or anything about them.

All I wanted to do was go home.

Yet, home was about to come knocking at my door....

part 1
part 3
part 4
posted by Samantha Louise 11:07 PM  
 
4 Comments:

Post a Comment