Glory At War:

 
myprofile

Name: Samantha Louise
Home: Vancouver, Canada
About Me: The.Earth.Diet
See my complete profile

previouspost
myarchives
goodreading
bloginfo
This blog is powered by Blogger.
Blog designed by TemplatePanic.
eXTReMe Tracker
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

« Home | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article » | Previous Article »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Arthritis be gone.
It was dark and cold and all I wanted to do was be in my nice heated car. On my way towards my car I notice three of my twelve year old girls huddled together. One of them was sitting on the gravel, rocking back and forth. The other two stood there stunned.

"Girls.." I approach them. "What's going on?" Looking down at the young one on the ground, I notice that she is clinging onto her knee for dear life and crying violently.


"I pushed her over, and she fell and hurt her knee and she wont stop crying and I didn't mean to do it we were just mucking around and and and i am sorry and she is hurt and..." Monique baffled on, tugging on her jacket sleeves.


"Slow down... it's okay... it was an accident. Emily, are you okay?"


She looked at me and wailed.


"It hurts IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS!!!!!!!"


I lean in close to her and and hug her, trying to calm her down.


"Why does it hurt so much?"


My question was met with a moan and mumbled sentences. Eventually Monique answers for her and informs me that Emily has arthritis. Immediately a hate rose up in me, a passionate hate for arthritis. All I wanted to do was rip it out of her. God, please, tell me what to do! Without hesitation, the Holy Spirit instructs me on how to approach this.


"Emily... firstly, you need to forgive Monique. Do you forgive her?" She nods in response. "No Emily, you need to look her in the eye and tell her." Emily looks at Monique and proclaims, "I forgive you Monique." The moaning stops and the tears no longer streamed down her face.


"Now Monique... I know you've only been a christian for two weeks, but it's time we combine our faith. Do you believe that Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords?"


Enthusiastically she nods her head.


"No Monique, speak it out. Do you?"


"Yes!" She almost shouts.


"And do you believe that He can heal you? That all healing is in His name? That arthritis has NO place in your body and that it's a curse and Jesus took all curses on the Cross?"


"Yes!" She grips onto her leg and winces.


"Well then, let us pray." So the three girls and I began to pray and declare over Emily's leg divine healing. After a couple of minutes I stop, look at Emily and ask... "How is it?"


"It really really hurts.."


Normally at this point I would back down, pat the person on the back and tell them I'd keep on praying. But tonight, the Spirit of God gripped me. Faith rose up in my heart. Hate towards arthritis consumed me. HOLY SPIRIT, what DO I DO!


Make her act out in faith. Make her walk.


"Emily..." I say. "It's time for you stand up."


No no no no no no no no no no, she speaks in fear.


"Emily, in the Bible Jesus would often declare healing, and then ask that person to do something they couldn't do before. It's time you stand up in faith and believe for your healing."


Hesitantly she leans onto my shoulder and stands up. She winces. Tears stream. She's in pain.


Holy SPIRIT, I don't want to make her do this! It's too painful!!!! Is there something else for her to do!?


Make her walk.


But Holy Spirit...


Believe and do not doubt.


"Emily... let us go for a walk..." Together we held hands and slowly began to walk around the carpark. Each step we took she'd wince. Each step we took, I would ignore the wince and declare the name of Jesus over her.


Finally, she looks at me in shock. "It's done." She says. Laughter escapes her lips. "Jesus healed me!!!!" Emily begins to hug me. And then she runs off and dances around the carpark.


I laugh to myself. Thank you Jesus! Not only can I be in my warm car now, but You just gave me a big lesson in healing! Thank you!


posted by Samantha Louise 6:46 PM  
 
3 Comments:
  • At June 13, 2007 at 9:40:00 AM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your awesome Sam... you little Wigglesworth you ;) Yeah... I know Holy Spirit rar rar! But hey, I think your special!

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 11:10:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing. Praise God!

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 3:31:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Chris said…

    I read this the first time and didn't think much of it, except "cool!"

    Then I read it again. Does it worry anybody else that stuff like this doesn't happen more often, or that nobody else sees stuff like this? I don't doubt that it happens (and am glad that at least Sam has the courage to put it into print), but ... I feel like I wish this would happen more.

     

Post a Comment